Hi, I’m Mary-Rose. I’m a Bristol-based counsellor who has supported many individuals to find their ground. I love working both one-to-one and with groups, online and outdoors.
I am an experienced and fully qualified practitioner who has been working with clients for over eight years. I have worked in a number of charities specialising in supporting young people and people with gender and sexual diversity, as well as in educational settings and in private practice.
I understand the severity of the ecological and climate crisis we are facing and use my relationship with the earth to find energy and courage in my work and life. I have particular experience of supporting those who are suffering with eco-anxiety and other climate related distress.
Mindfulness practices have played an important role in my life and support me in offering a therapeutic space for others.
I am an environmental and feminist activist, working consciously to unpick our warped systems of power and oppression.
- Advanced Diploma in Embodied Relational Therapy.
- First Class Honours in Humanistic Counselling Practice. The University of Nottingham, 2011-2014.
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- The Embodied-Relational Therapy Association (ERT)
- The Psychotherapists and Counsellors for Social Responsibility (PCSR)
- The Body Psychotherapy Network (BPN)
- Friend of the Black, African and Asian Therapy Network (BAATN)
- Counsellor and Psychotherapist in Private Practice (South West)